1. PERSONAL INTRODUCTION
2. PRE-CEREMONY: STRATEGIES
3. CEREMONY: GUIDANCE & SUPPORT
4. POST-CEREMONY: HOW TO MAKE IT REAL
I’m a therapist with over 20 years of clinical experience helping thousands recover from trauma, grief, anxiety, depression as well as a wide scope of health related imbalances ranging from simple flu-like symptoms to threatening illnesses.
I’m also a trained facilitator of deep transformation and what the “other ways of knowing” offer – beyond hard science or cause-to-effect approaches. I also combine a lifetime of study and research in the varied fields of mysticism, alchemy and compared spirituality.
Finally, I found out, with over a decade of personal work and study in the fields of shamanism and ancestral medicine, that I have a natural capacity to work, and help others work with the ancient ways of healing.
In that combined time, I have learned what works best for contemporary people who feel called to the traditional Amazonian, Central or South American medicine. I have also learned that I have an affinity with one particular Teacher plant or entheogen, the San Pedro Cactus or Huachuma. It offers, in my view, a gentler yet more profound approach to growth, healing & empowerment, than many other plants.
I work with several tools and strategies designed to pierce through every day patterns and resolve the root causes of current life pain points. These include:
* Respectful Enquiry methodology to help identify the root causes of current problems
* Effective approaches to changing troublesome behaviours
* Radical Felt-Sense approaches to open up our perspective and our relationship with ourselves and with others
* Non-cognitive, body-based re-processing to integrate traumatic experiences and memories
* Ally work to remove unconscious blocks and unhelpful old beliefs. This equates to establishing a lasting relationship with the higher or all-knowing part of yourself, with outstanding results.
Most of the personal approaches above radically part from the “Psycho” based aspects of any traditional western based therapies, talk, cognitive, mental, analytical, transpersonal and all other psychotherapeutic trends.
In simpler terms, I don’t invite the mental into any healing processes. It is what I have found works best for all and enlist “miraculous”, safe, and durable transformations.
PRE-CEREMONY : STRATEGIES
Plant medicines and ancestral ways of healing, used in thoughtful and intentional ways, can be astoundingly life changing and transformative. They offer what other modalities and traditional medicine don’t, have never and never will offer: the potential for profound higher-states (spiritual or entheogenic) experiences, deep healing and extra-ordinary guidance to help navigate our paths.
But these experiences can come with difficult, dark, destabilising or painful processes.
This is especially true when the person is unprepared or approaching the experience without proper intentional strategies.
Well-facilitated ceremonial work with plant medicine and entheogenic has tremendous potential for healing and transformation. In my years of study, I have witnessed the profound transformational impact these medicines can have when supported by either authentic maestros (they are very rare) or serious facilitators (not all are shamans) in a caring and safe environment.
Unfortunately, in these gold-rush days of the new Amazonian psychedelic trodden path, not all ceremony facilitators or shamans are qualified, well trained, highly experienced, or even dedicated to creating a safe space for transformational work. I would risk to say that, in my view, most of the facilitators are “improvised” and have not done their own work to guarantee a safe passage to the entheogenic adventurer. I will also venture to say that, in my experience, when they are poorly-facilitated, these medicines can be detrimental.
A pre-ceremony preparation is designed to help prepare you mentally, physically and emotionally for healing or transformational work with plant medicine.
Topics addressed include:
* The scope of work of a good facilitator. What to expect and what are they here for.
* Awareness of the potential benefits and risks when working with plants
* How to set, articulate mentally & energetically your intention & purpose for the experience
* Steps to create the best receptive state for the plant teachings and insights
* Strategies, tips and tricks used to manage what ceremony brings up for you
* How to cooperate with plant medicines to heal trauma, depression, addiction, ptsd, anxiety and more
* How to prepare and cleanse the body and mind prior to ceremony
* How to invite the plant to lead your path to self-mastery and life transformation
* After the session, how to surrender intentions and bring your work to a closure
* How to invite the process of natural integration of what has happened
CEREMONY : GUIDANCE & SUPPORT
Well-facilitated plant medicine and entheogenic ceremonies have tremendous potential for healing and transformation.
There is no such thing as a “typical” plant ceremony. Everybody’s experience is radically different and so are the impacts.
However, there are common practices during the process that can guarantee safe passage and dramatically improve your experience. Such as:
* The crucial preparation, ignition and holding of the sacred container for the ceremony
* Appropriate energetic methods to invite the Spirit of the plant
* A good understanding of the signs of a challenging experience and the solutions to alleviate as much as possible the overwhelm
* A clear, strong and unflinching presence when helping a participant go through the process
* The use of sound based practices, singing, drumming or musical instrument. They are mostly used to support, enhance and guide the experience
* The knowledge & experience to guide and encourage the participant to do what is appropriate at the time, for them
* Re-centering and reconnection guidance
POST-CEREMONY: HOW TO MAKE IT REAL
Huachuma, is an astounding medicine and completely unlike all the other plant & earth medicines. In the right setting, the appropriate container and surrounded by a skilled team, it is an unmatched tool for healing, growth, and true transformation.
My personal commitment and passion is to support anybody with an unflinching desire to change, grow and transform.
I’ve been met by that passion when I was led to it over 30 years ago. It has not changed since. However, it definitely took a massive leap when I entered the fields of shamanism and plant medicine, especially Huachuma. Nothing matches the depth, scope and willingness to guide of this remarkable Spirit plant. I have also learned the importance of the transition process or integration needed to make sense of the experience and bring it’s benefits into a real-life manifestation. It is invaluable.
Here are some of the integration steps offered in my approach and in our ‘Spirit Journeys’ retreats:
* Help in finding your own language and ways to make sense of the experience
* Learning to clarify the plant’s teaching and insights
* What to make of them, for you, in your own words
* How to extend the benefits of the experience beyond the ceremony or retreat and into your daily life. Daily practices.
* Providing & holding a safe space to support the sharing and witnessing of your experience in a sacred circle group.
Hope this has contributed.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.